Six valuable content creation skills you should develop
Content creation nowadays requires more than blogging skills.
With the vast variety of online platforms to reach potential clients, there are many ways to promote your brand identity and extend your reach.
If you’ve mastered blogging, here are some other content creation skills to consider developing to help you reach a larger audience with your message.
1. Video content: Video content has immense potential. People love watching short videos online. Consider learning how to work a video camera and picking up some basic video editing skills. You don’t have to produce Hollywood-quality films, but well-presented video content is a great extension of your brand.
2. Audio content: Audio content like podcasts can help you reach new people, especially on the go. You can talk about your industry, offer expert advice, and showcase your brand. You don’t have to be an audiophile to pick up these skills—there are inexpensive podcast kits that have all the hardware and software you need.
3. eBooks: eBooks are basically a long-form extension of your blogging efforts. eBooks can help you go into detail about your expertise; establish your company as a thought leader; and help inform your customers about your field. Offering eBooks is simple—you just need to create downloadable PDFs from any basic word processing software.
4. Infographics: Infographics are an interesting way to communicate a lot of information in a short format. They can be shared easily across all platforms. With some basic graphic designs skills, you can craft some incredible infographics. There are even dedicated websites to help you make great infographics for free, like Canva or Vengage.
5. Photography: The internet and most social media platforms are visual. With great photography, you can showcase your products and services, while telling stories about your brand. You don’t have to be a professional photographer to master this medium, you just need some basic photography and photo-editing skills.
6. Webinar production: Webinars can showcase your industry expertise and allow you to interact directly with your clients (Hubspot). They’re hosted through a variety of free platforms. Take some time to learn how they work, test them out and you’ll be able to host a webinar in no time!
These are just some of the valuable content skills to master. To learn more about how to reach your audience with diverse content, speak with the experts at ALHAUS. We can help you develop a content management strategy that fits your business and helps you get all the skills you need to succeed.