Five unlikely keyword strategies that really work
Keyword research can often hit a dead end, especially if your business is in a niche industry.
Once you’ve targeted all your basic keywords, you may run out of ways to improve your SEO. However, with a few unconventional strategies, you can find keywords that expand your presence and help you rank higher in more search results.
Here are five keyword research strategies to help you come up with some fresh ideas for content and help drive more traffic to your website:
1. Search for hidden long-tails: Long-tail keywords are three to four word phrases. They do not have the same volume of searches as short-tail keywords but drive more targeted traffic to your website, leading to an increase in conversion rates. There are many ways you can find hidden long-tails, including Google autofill, SEMRush, and Answer the Public (Shout Me Loud).
2. Employ geotargeting: Geotargeting finds the keywords most used in a specific region and helps small business outshine large companies in their local market. Employing a keyword strategy that includes geotargeting can help you expand your brand in a local region.
3. Let your competitors do the work: Using competitive research tools like SpyFu or Keyword Spy will help you understand what keywords your competitors are successfully using. They can help you come up with ideas on what keywords you need to be targeting, as well as areas you can create an opportunity to outshine your competition.
4. Set up Google alerts: Setting up Google alerts for your products, services, or brand can help you stay current on how people are talking about your industry. It will give you ideas on what keywords to use to stay relevant and help you understand what keywords you are missing.
5. Tap Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a great resource for keyword research. As one of the most popular websites on the internet. Simply Google your topic with the word “Wikipedia” and take a look at the results. In the headlines and descriptions, you will find a wealth of keywords. You can also skim articles and find standout words and phrases to use in your keyword strategy.
These unconventional keyword research strategies can really improve your brand presence online. Once you’ve found them, consider letting ALHAUS help you incorporate them into engaging content. Our expert staff of content managers can help you turn keywords into conversions with a smart and directed strategy. Contact us today to learn more!