"Keywords are the words and phrases that people use to find the content on your website."
Keywords are entered into search engines as queries and the results are determined by the relevance of the content on your website. Targeting keywords is an essential part of your SEO strategy. To find the best keywords to target, here are eight free websites you can use:
1. Wordstream: Wordstream is probably the easiest free keyword tool to use. You simply enter a keyword or website URL, then select your industry and country. Then, Wordstream will give you a list you can export into excel to start building your strategy.
2. SpyFu: SpyFu is more than just a keyword research tool, it’s a comprehensive view of what keywords your competitors are using. This can help you understand what is working in your industry and how you can stand out.
3. SEMRush: SEMRush is a great tool for finding associated terms that relate to your current keywords. Keywords are presented in topic clusters that help you understand current click volume and potential.
4. Ubersuggest: Ubersuggest is a tool that generates suggestions based on your most relevant keywords. The results are ranked by difficulty, volume, and competitor use.
5. Moz Keyword Explorer: You’ll have to sign up for a free account with Moz to use their keyword explorer. However, it’s really comprehensive and offers a tonne of great analytic data along with suggestions.
6. Serps: Serps is another basic keyword tool. It is focused mainly on providing keywords for effective AdWords campaigns. If you are looking to improve your PPC, it’s a great option.
7. Wordtracker: Wordtracker is primarily focused on offering long tail keywords. You simply enter your common keywords and it will give you the tools for microtargeting.
8. Wikipedia: Though Wikipedia is not a dedicated keyword tool, it can be very useful in your SEO strategy. Going to your topic and seeing what others are using can be extremely helpful.
Once you have your keywords, the best way to use them is to incorporate them naturally into your copy. If you are looking to make your copy really persuasive, combine your keywords with this list of words and phrases from TenFold (TenFold). You’ll make a definite impact.
If you are still struggling with creating natural, keyword optimised content, contact ALHAUS. We have a range of content services that can help improve your SEO and reach your desired audience.