Influencer marketing is a great way to spread brand awareness organically and increase brand trust. Rather than focusing on targeting your marketing strategy to consumers, influencer marketing utilises the trendsetters, thought leaders, and market experts who have a profound influence on the purchasing habits of consumers in your industry.
"Creating a successful influencer campaign can be a bit challenging but the return on investment is worth it."
Here are the basic steps to creating an influencer marketing campaign to help you get started.
1. Audience: Determine your audience before you begin. One easy way to do this is to create a customer profile based on the demographics, buying habits, and taste preferences of existing customers and customers you would like to target.
2. Identify your platforms: Once you understand who your audience is you need to determine what platform they most often use. Are the on social media or do they prefer podcasts? Are they more likely to use Snapchat or LinkedIn? Understanding their media preferences can help make sure that you reach them with your messaging.
3. Find an industry influencer: Industry influencers range from bloggers to celebrities to your most dedicated customers. There are a couple of different ways to find an effective influencer like assessing their reach, interest, and relevance to your brand (Entrepreneur). If you’re unclear, you can also try a few different influencers to see who delivers the most return as a brand ambassador.
4. Develop a campaign: In simple terms, an influencer can simply advocate for your brand. However, we think it’s better that you work together to create a campaign strategy that ensures your messaging is consistent, informative, and supports your brand.
5. Measure efficacy: Is your influencer attracting the right audience? Do you see a measurable return on investment? Are they effective in spreading your brand message? Once you understand how the campaign is working, you can make improvements where needed or double up on the most effective efforts.
Following these steps will help you launch a successful influencer marketing campaign. For more ideas, tips, and techniques on extending your brand check out the services at ALHAUS. We are experts in content management and can help work with your influencer to ensure that your marketing efforts pay off no matter the strategy.